Indigenous Employment Program
What is the Indigenous Employment Program?
The Personnel Group’s Indigenous Employment Program, “Future Footprints” is aimed at providing Aboriginal job seekers with accredited training, mentor support and pathways to long term meaningful employment.
The program addresses the various barriers to gaining employment and provides guidance in career planning.
It aims to source the right positions for job seekers within our community.
The Indigenous Employment Program provides:
- Accredited training and qualifications in specific industry areas
- Hands-on work experience supported by on the job training
- Work trials and site inductions
- Job ready and job search activities including resumes development, application and interview skills
Our Indigenous Employment Program staff support job seekers through the interview process.
Once the position is secured, they provide additional support to the participant for up to 12 months. This assistance can include academic support, additional training support, on site training, job and life mentoring.
To be eligible for The Personnel Group’s Indigenous Employment Program you must be:
- Of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, or
- Recognised as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, or
- Acknowledged by the respective local societies as being an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
What the Indigenous Employment Program will provide you with?
- Accredited qualifications
- Work ready skills
- Interview skills
- Resume development