What is Job Services Australia?
Job Services Australia is a Federal Government initiative focused on helping job seekers to find employment. Job Services Australia provide a comprehensive service that links job seekers to community services, training, work experience and employment.
To be eligible for Job Services Australia you must be:
- In receipt of Newstart or Youth Allowance with participation requirements
- In receipt of another form of qualifying income support payment including Disability Support Pension or Parenting Payment and seek to volunteer for the service
- Full time students experiencing difficulties, not currently receiving income support, or not employed for more than 15 hours per week
- Indigenous Australians participating in Community Development Employment Projects
What Job Services Australia can provide job seekers with:
- Accredited and non-accredited training opportunities
- Referral to external providers for addressing non-vocational barriers
- Work experience
- Job placement
- Ongoing support
- Comprehensive job seeking assistance